2009年9月24日 星期四

First impression


I read newspaper everyday and use to pay attention to those advertisements too.

The advertisement above is abstracted from METRO NEWS.  When I took a glance over it, the first impression it gave me was - ahha..this is an DC ad.   But after I read through those tiny words, I realized it was Emirates selling its African airline. :-O

ummmm... I think this is not an good ad as it didn't gave me any idea of airline service until I have studied the whole ad.  The message it sent to me is unclear.  What's more, Emirates' logo is located in the left bottom corner and it is so small that people may not so sensitive enough to know its existence.

In my opinion, for newspaper adv, the first impression it creates for audience is no doubt important.  Not everyone would have time or interest to study the whole ad so as to figure out what products are promoting to them. First impression, thus, helps to briefly introduce the products to audience and let them to have a preview for what's going on. Besides, it may also help to grab audience's interest to study the whole ad.

沒有留言:

張貼留言